Skip to content
Herb Mix: Amounts vary based on intended flavor
- Dry Oregano
- Dry Basil
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Dry Thyme
- Melange Pepper
- 100g Fed Sourdough Starter
- 400g Bread Flour (Sifted)
- 310g Lukewarm Water
- 9g Kosher Salt
- 1 Package of Active Yeast (Not needed if starter is very active)
- 5g Herb Mix
- 1-2 days prior to baking remove starter from fridge and begin 12 hour feeding cycle to wake it up.
- BAKING DAY: Mix flour and water together until barely combined.
- Allow flour and water mix to sit covered at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Add Sourdough Starter, Salt and Herb mix. Combine till a smooth sticky ball forms
- Note: If needed add yeast at this stage
- Allow dough to proof at room temperature for 3-4 hours. (Time depends on room temperature)
- Towards the end of the proof, pre heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Ensure dutch oven is in the oven heating as well.
- Dump dough onto floured surface, lightly sprinkle flour over the top, carefully flip dough over and repeat. Dough should be super sticky at this point.
- NOTE: DO NOT OVER HANDLE DOUGH AS IT WILL CAUSE IT TO DEFLATE
- After oven has preheated for approximately 45 min, remove dutch oven, add a drizzle of olive oil and flour into dutch oven.
- Carefully place dough into dutch oven, make at least one slit on top to allow for rise.
- Bake covered for 30-35min, remove lid and bake uncovered for additional 10 min or until a dark golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place loaf on a cooling rack. Allow it to cool for at least 30-45 min.
- Slice and ENJOY!